Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why I Haven't Blogged

UPDATE: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH DO NOT READ THIS POST

So you know it's bad when the opthamologist won't even touch what you've got and after 15 minutes of ******** painful observation and pressing on my eyelid rolls back his little wheely chair and says...

"I don't feel comfortable handling something of this size."

Excuse me????? You are the 4th white coat that I've seen in 5 days that has said "they are not comfortable dealing with this". I begged and implored him COMPLETE WITH ALLIGATOR TEARS (I am past the point of feeling shame) to fix it, but he wouldn't. I have been upgraded to a plastic surgeon whom I will not be seeing until 9:30 tomorrow which will officially make it over a week since this has started.

Please pray for me. Please pray that they will be able to fix it (and if they can't pray for the poor doctor who tells me so) and that I won't sob like a big baby when they cut my eye open.

Til then, here is a picture of my eye complete with the scab from where my skin split open due to the swelling.


Cellulitis. Infection. In. My. Eye. Swollen. Painful. Miserable. For 7 days already. Getting. It. CUT. Open. Tomorrow. To. Drain. Infection. Out.

5 comments:

  1. what a pair we are! Gross! let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsay! I am so sorry! I cannot stand eye stuff....it's a miracle I wear contacts! I hope it goes better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWWWWW.....call me tomorrow and let me know how it for the hopefully final trip for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. valium - take lots of valium and you'll be ok....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!