Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jolly Green Giantess

Today I discovered a child height predictor tool on babycenter.com. I was intrigued because our little princess is quite tall and growing more so each day and I've often wondered just how tall she'll end up.

Well, if this predictor is correct my husband and I have bred a Jolly Green Giantess. According to babycenter.com:

Your girl will likely be 7 ft. 0 in. at age 18.

Okay I didn't panic when I read that. I figured there is some sort of variance added in considering that this is in fact a predictor tool and nothing more. Then, I read this disclaimer:

This prediction is a "best guess" but it's still just that -- a guess. Based on the formula we used* there is a 50 percent chance that your girl's full-grown height will be within 0.7 inches (above or below) of this prediction, and a 90 percent chance that it will be within 1.7 inches.

Oh, okay so based on the 90% chance my kid will either be 7 ft 2 inches or 6 feet 10 inches.

I feel so relieved.


3 comments:

Thanks for leaving us some love!