Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Born on the Third of July

Oh, I'm a yankee doodle dandy....well almost. I missed it by a couple of hours, but growing up I always just thought that the big fireworks shows were for me. And so another birthday has come and gone. While I track Riley's days and months obsessively I've seemed to subconsciously let my own age slip my mind.

So it was a a bit of a surprise when my husband started asking me what I wanted for my birthday. I actually had to stop for a moment and think of calculate with mental math how old I was going to be. 28, if you're interested which doesn't bother me at all to proclaim because I couldn't be happier. At 28 years old...I've been doing a job that I love for the past three years, married for almost 5 years to the man of my dreams, and I've been the mama (for 17 months and 19 days) to a sweet little girl that I love more than I can possibly say. On top of these blessings, my family and friends gave me a wonderful day that included shopping, pampering, yummy food and a date night with my husband. Happy Birthday to me!

Of course the party didn't stop after my birthday was over. Bring on the BBQing and fireworks!!! We had an awesome time with our best friends eating delicious ribs, veggies straight from the garden, huckleberries right off the tree and the babies' all time favorite corn on the cob. After the fun we drove back home as Riley snoozed and we were just in time to watch the fireworks shows all around us from the front porch. I was so excited to see that the fireworks thrilled Riley to death. She couldn't get enough of them and she, I mean we, just kept oohing and clapping and squealing at them.


Giving some of that trademark Riley sass.

Deep in corn enjoyment with her best friend Zaden in his and Kellam's new ride.

She's wondering where the "Gas Power" is.

Seriously, they love the corn on the cob!
Practicing her jumping skills off of the stump in the yard with her Daddy.
Happy (belated) Fourth of July everyone!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving us some love!