Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The 18 month old and the Sea

It was love at first sight.


To say that Riley loved the beach would be an understatement, but I can't think of a better way to describe her first beach experience. She was simply over the moon about the endless expanse of water and the never ending sand box at her finger tips.

She squealed over the waves lapping at her feet and laughed hysterically (while I panicked) at the whitewash knocking her over.



She built and toppled sand castle after sand castle and giggled with delight when we buried her legs and toes in the sand.



We had to drag her away after three hours of all out fun in the sun and went home to enjoy the second best thing about a beach trip...a three hour family nap.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww I'm so glad she loved it. Nothing better than a day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I missed this post, but LOVE the beach pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us some love!